The Barefoot Diving Centre
The Barefoot Eco Hotel, Hanimaadhoo, Maldives, Northern Atolls, Maldives
- Boasting 20-30 almost exclusive dive sites, all accessible by dhoni and/or speed boat, with an average journey time of 20-40 minutes.
- Further, more exclusive dive sites are also available by arrangement, requiring a journey time of up to 2 hours by dhoni.
- PADI & SSI accredited diving centre. Offering the highest level of quality and professionalism with complete sets of rental equipment including BCD, masks, snorkels, fins, wetsuits, & dive computers.
- Manta and Dolphin dives are available in the appropriate season.
- Suitable for both adults and children. All level courses are available, including the PADI and SSI ENRICHED AIR DIVER (Nitrox) Specialty Course.
Choose your departure date
About The Barefoot Diving Centre
Our dive centre, located at The Barefoot Eco Hotel, is situated within an almost untouched forest on Hanimaadhoo island, in the preserved, deep, North of The Maldives. This 4 star Eco Hotel is well connected to Male international airport by numerous daily flights.
Due to its lush vegetation and privacy, everybody can experience the untouched nature and the genuine, natural Maldives, while still enjoying all modern accommodation facilities. A half mile private sandy beach and a turquoise lagoon frame the hotel.
Located in the North, Hanimaadhoo is one of the most beautiful islands of the Maldives: lush vegetation, long beaches and turquoise lagoon, it opens the door for adventure and genuine gateway, where you can be spoiled with true Maldivian warm hospitality. The quiet, local fishing village has lots of tree-shade and swings, along with some local amenities including, local shops and cafes. Fishing and agriculture are what most of the 2500 inhabitants of the island do for work.
Onsite payment options
Base Leader & SSI Instructor
Marine Biologist/Excursions Coordinator
Domestic transfer can be arranged via 45 minutes of domestic flight from Malé International Airport, plus 15 minutes by car from Hanimaadhoo Airport to The Barefoot Eco Hotel.