Scubago’s Content Policy
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
You can report the content directly or contact us via scubago/contact to report content that appears to violate these guidelines.
The following content is never allowed on Scubago:
- Content created solely for the purpose of advertising or other commercial content, including company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of Scubago
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that provides specific details or outcomes of an Scubago investigation
- Content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location or other content that may pose a personal safety risk to an Scubago community member
Specific prohibited content
The following are violations specific to the type of the content on Scubago:
- Listing titles that do not serve the purpose of providing information relevant to the listing type, style, or experience
- Listing titles that include symbols or emojis
Listing or Profile Pages
• Listings and profiles that provide fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive details
Communication between Operators and Guests
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
- Reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience or that of their travel companions
- Reviews incentivized by a promise for payment, additional services, or a discounted rate
- Reviews motivated by a threat of extortion.
Reviews are a way for Scubago guests and Operators to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
This policy applies to situations including, but not limited to:
- Guests threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force an Operator to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.
- Operators requiring a guest to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. Hosts also can’t offer a free or discounted stay in exchange for a guest revising an existing review.
- Operators asking a guest to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for a resolution to a dispute between the parties.
This policy does not prohibit:
- A guest from contacting an Operator with a problem prior to leaving a review. An Operator from asking a guest to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
- An Operator or guest from revising a review within the [time constraints] for revision.
Operators and guests cannot edit reviews after they are published. By posting a review, you agree to follow all Scubago guidelines and policies, including this Extortion Policy, which Scubago may enforce at it's sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your Scubago account.
If you think you’ve experienced extortion, please contact us via scubago.com/contact.